Monday, October 3, 2011

Successful Summer 1 of 3 (Snakes)

I finished my internship with the California Academy of Sciences (CAS) on Sept 9th and created a total of 49 illustrations in 10 weeks!! (That's a lot especially for me). They liked my work so much that they decided that I deserved to be paid for my internship work. Also all three of my researchers asked me to stay on as a paid independent contractor to finish up the projects I started during my internship. So I am happily working there till the funding runs out, most likely around the end of the year.

But now for the fun part, examples of what I am doing.

1. Snake identification ids for a guide book on venomous and deadly snakes of the Philippines.

1. Sketches using a microscope and the preserved specimen
2. Sketches placed in a layout
3. Lines done in Adobe Illustrator


4. Double check lines using the specimen

5. Final Photoshop Image


Fishes and Nudibranchs soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment